Re: -b eps option (was RE: OOolilypond and openoffice 2.1)

From: Paul Harouff
Subject: Re: -b eps option (was RE: OOolilypond and openoffice 2.1)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:06:44 -0600

Thanks, Graham.

I failed to mention that the -dbackend=eps option works outside of OOo. I verified that before making the changes to Subs.xba.

I think this is some other script error inside OOoLilypond passing a bad value to Lilypond, but I don't have a clue from the LilyPond error message where to look.

Even thinking about using LaTeX and LilyPondBook gives me chills. And while LilyPond is great at handling musical notation, it is horrible at handling text outside of a score (which is completely understandable - because that's not what it's designed for). OOoLilypond looks like it could be a real production tool for laying out hymnbooks and worship services, etc., by combining the strengths of LilyPond and OOoWriter. I'm really excited to see if I can get it working and try it out.

Paul