Re: Need Help Posting to LSR

From: Fred Leason
Subject: Re: Need Help Posting to LSR
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:53:05 -0600

I commented my \version line and the \include (inserted the code directly.)  I tried changing line endings from Mac to Unix.  I even tried accessing the LSR site via the X11 version of Firefox instead of the Mac version.  Result is still the same.  Here is what I get:

Error running Lilypond:Processing `LSR914149.ly'Parsing...LSR914149.ly:1:0: error: syntax error, unexpected '''

'%\\version "2.11.19"\t\t\t%commented out for LSR\t\t\t\t\t%%%\n%FIRST, create anglican-init.ly.  This only needs to be done once each time you upgrade LilyPond.\n%The code was borrowed from gregorian-init.ly.\n%For purposes of the LSR, the anglican-init.ly code is inserted <snip>
"Time_signature_engraver"\n\t\t\t\t\\override Stem #\'transparent = ##t\n\t\t\t}\n\t\t\\context {\n\t\t\t\\Voice\n\t\t\t\t\\override Stem #\'length = #0\n\t\t\t}\n\t\t}\n}\n'LSR914149.ly: 0: warning: no \version statement found, please add\version "2.10.12"for future compatibilityerror: failed files: "LSR914149.ly"

Note, it is an unexpected single quote within two single quotes.  The first character of the upload seems to be a single quote.  Where does this come from?

Here are reference files:

Outline of instructions rtfd
or if you are not mac,
pdf
LilyPond init file to be included ly
LilyPond ly -The Actual code with the anglican-init.ly imbedded.
TeX tex
Copy of original chant from Hymnal 1985 png
Copy of sample pointed text from Hymnal 1985 png
Final output pdf