Re: [fr: barres de notes dans un triolet] Lyrics and \partial

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: [fr: barres de notes dans un triolet] Lyrics and \partial
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:09:48 +0100

That clearly looks like a bug (which remains in version 2.11.20)! I forward it to
bug-lilypond.

As a workaround, you can do change the lyrics part into
\new Lyrics <<
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-2 . 4)
   \lyricsto v {Here is the ly -- rics line }

or use the \with construct:
\new Lyrics \with {
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-2 . 4)
   } {
   \lyricsto v {Here is the ly -- rics line }
}

  /Mats

Colin Wilding wrote:
Ok, I think I have identified where the problem occurs.
If you take your example and add an extra line like this...

\version "2.10.0"
<<
\new Voice = v \relative c' {\partial 4 c | c d e f | g2. }
\new Lyrics {
        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-2 . 4)
        \lyricsto v {Here is the ly -- rics line }
}

...then the lyrics start at the second note.

This is in version 2.10.20, by the way.  As I say, it did not do this in
2.8.

I'm not sure how I can add that spacing without causing this effect.  I want
it to be specific to that lyric line, not in the general \layout
instructions.

-----

Colin Wilding

Mats Bengtsson-4 wrote:
The following two examples works well over here:
\version "2.10.0"
<<
\new Voice = v \relative c' {\partial 4 c | c d e f | g2. }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto v {Here is the ly -- rics line }

\version "2.10.0"
<<
\relative c' {\partial 4 c | c d e f | g2. }
\addlyrics {Here is the ly -- rics line }

Please send a small bug complete example of your problem
if you can't figure out what's wrong yourself.

   /Mats

Colin Wilding wrote:

I upgraded an old file from 2.8 to 2.10 today.  The music begins with
\partial 4.  I find that in 2.10 the lyrics skip the partial note;  they
didn't do this before.

Is this intentional?  If so, is there a way to force the lyrics to use the
partial note?

It's not crucial, because I can work around it by replacing the partial
with
skipped notes, but it would be useful to know.

Colin Wilding

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems