Re: MIDI Recorder For OS X?

From: Eyolf Ostrem
Subject: Re: MIDI Recorder For OS X?
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:17:22 +0100

On Sat 10 March 2007 08:53:15 Michael David Crawford wrote:
> David Rogers wrote:
> > Considering that, it might be just as simple to record to tape or to a
> > sound file, and work from that.
>
> The problem is, I can't figure out just by listening what notes I played.

This may not solve  your problem directly, but as a tool for finding out
what's in a recording, I can warmly recommend a program called Transcribe!
available from http://www.seventhstring.demon.co.uk/
It has many useful features, but one is that you can select any part of a
sound file and get an analysis of the tone contents. It's not the same as
getting a midi file out, of course, but at least you'll be able to find out
which tones you play :-)

eyolf