Re: Ugly volta brackets

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: Re: Ugly volta brackets
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:39:34 +0100

Hi,

2007/3/12, Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden>:
Apologies in advance -- I'm not going to be much help!

Number one: check section 6.7.4 of the manual under 'Manual Repeats'.
If you manually specify the repeat (I agree, it's an ugly way to do
it) you can use a markup to specify the volta text, and change the
font using a markup. I can't figure out how to do it automatically
and/or globally. (For the record, I think Lily's default behaviour
looks far better, although your example does show an ugly near
collision between chord name and volta text.)

I´ll read there but this looks to be an ugly solution ... hope there´s
something better, because I´ll typeset a big songbook ...

However, I did notice that your example doesn't have a vertical line either.

It only has the vertical line at the first ending, because the score
doesnt end after the 2nd ending. It was only an example to show that
what I want, maybe there´s an option to say if I want the right
vertical line or not.

Dominic