more on polyphonic tablature - sharing notes

From: Art Sulger
Subject: more on polyphonic tablature - sharing notes
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:10:54 -0400

More questions, following on the example last October from Daniel Castillo in
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-10/msg00364.html>

If a note is shared by the upper and lower voice, it displays ok in standard
notation but in tablature the fingering is repeated. I believe this is listed
as a bug in the Tablatures basic section:
"Chords are not handled in a special way, and hence the automatic string
selector may easily select the same string to two notes in a chord."
But is there a work-around. This seems like a common practice in poliphony.
It came up while I was transcribing BWV999, image example is here:
<http://bp1.blogger.com/_g15WHbioZUs/RawprNubr0I/AAAAAAAAAAM/kvnjgYD59t4/s1600-h/score.gif>

Using Daniel's example, if you change one note in the upper voice so it is
shared by the lower voice, you will see the odd fingering.
I repeat the entire example here with the first upper voice note changed:
\version "2.10.0"

VoiceANotes =  \relative {
 \voiceOne
 d,8 a' d fis e fis, ais <cis e>
}
VoiceBNotes = \relative {
 \voiceTwo
 d,2 cis
}

Notation = \simultaneous { %% Combine both parts for notation
 \time 4/4
 \clef "G_8"
 \key d \major
 << \context Voice=VoiceA \VoiceANotes >>
 << \context Voice=VoiceB \VoiceBNotes >>
}

Tablature = \simultaneous { %% Combine both parts for Tablature
 \time 4/4
 \override TabStaff.Stem #'transparent = ##t %% Makes stems transparent
 \override TabStaff.Beam #'transparent = ##t %% Makes beams transparent
 << \context TabVoice=TabVoiceA \VoiceANotes >>
 << \context TabVoice=TabVoiceB \VoiceBNotes >>
}

\score {
 \context StaffGroup {
   \simultaneous {
     << \context Staff=FullNotation \Notation >>
     << \context TabStaff=FullTab \Tablature >>