Re: tweaks on chordnames

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: tweaks on chordnames
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:51:13 +0100

I happened to have an installation of LilyPond 2.11.10
available here and there this trick works well.
I hope you realize the the 2.11.x series are experimental
development versions and that the latest stable, 2.10.x
is the recommend version for any serious typesetting.

  /Mats

José Luis Cruz wrote:

For several reasons I want to be able to write some text on the chord
line, substituting a chordname if needed.

Some of the reasons, among others: using the percent sign to indicate
a repeated chord; having two chords, one below the other, so one would
be the basis and the other the alternative,  between parenthesis; and
to modify a chord if I'm not happy with the notation. (I'm preparing a
mail about that topic, indeed)

I navigated through the list and the most close thing to what I want
is that piece of code, from Han.

\chords {
 c:sus4
 \notemode  { <\tweak #'text #"foo" c>4 }
 c:dim7
 }

Seems that it worked on 2.7.x , but I've not been able to make it work
on 2.11.20. Do you have any clues?

Here is the link to the the conversation, from dec 2005. And I want to
join Matt in his unanswered question of the last post: Would it be
hard to allow \markup command be inserted directly among the chords?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-12/msg00303.html

In this conversation I can see that in oct 2006 it was working:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-10/msg00037.html

regards,
Jose Luis

        Mats Bengtsson