Not happy with results

From: Matthias Berndt
Subject: Not happy with results
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:36:52 +0100

Hi,

I tried writing a few lines with lilypond, but I don't like the way that the
result looks. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so. In the
attachments, you'll find some source code and the resulting pdf.

The big bracket at the beginning of the second line crosses the bar number,
which looks odd to me. The crescendo at the beginning of the second line is
much longer for Alto and 2nd Bass than for Soprano, Tenor and 1st Bass, and
of course it's not supposed to.

Are there any workarounds for those issues? I'm using the latest development
release of lilypond.