Re: No time/no bars

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: No time/no bars
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:32:11 +0100

Klaus Muth wrote:

Am Montag, 19. März 2007 22:05 schrieb Fred Leason:
global = {
        \set Staff.whichBar = ""
        \set Score.timing = ##f
}
I wonder what this is supposed to do. I can put it in and it compiles without warning - and does nothing. With \cadenzaOn no bars, without there are bars...

This just defines an identifier (a macro) called \global, which
you can use in your score where you want to turn off the
bar lines. It's actually more or less equivalent to \cadenzaOn,
so you can replace your \cadenzaOn with \global. On the other
hand, I don't really see the point of setting whichBar, so
\cadenzaOn is probably a better option.

Yeah. I'm now half through Part three of Danses de travers. But I'm not sure about the copyright, Satie is dead long enough, but my score is marked with (c) 1978.
That's unfortunately a very clear indication about the
copyright status of your particular edition. If you are
lucky, you can find an older edition at some library.

 /Mats