Re: jazz font?

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: jazz font?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:01:22 +0100

rif <address@hidden> writes:

> But seriously, what would it take to get a jazz font?  I would be
> willing to put in some money and/or elbow grease, although not huge
> amounts of either right now.

FYI:

  "Since it first came out, I was an advocate for the Jazz Font. I
   still have the 3.5" floppy that I bought to use with Finale 3
   something. The disc has 1995 written on it. Anyhow, now I see it
   all over the place. The Jazz text font people use with other fonts.
   Yikes! And the music produced using the Jazz font is hit and miss.
   Sometimes it looks good, sometimes not (except like Warner Bros
   professional scores, those look great). [...] I hate coming into a
   rehearsal and having to deal with a bad font and poor formatting. I
   had a rehearsal about 2 weeks ago where someone brought in a
   Sibelius chart that could have been 2 pages in Finale, but was 4 in
   that goofy Sibelius jazz font. Looked like crap.

   [...]

   It's been a good run Jazz Font, but, alas, time for you to be
   retired."

http://www.jazz-sax.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/15/1938211

-- Johan