lilypond-mode.el

From: thorne
Subject: lilypond-mode.el
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:25:54 -0700

Hello.  I have a few quick questions about the Emacs mode for
LilyPond.  I am afraid they might sound like i'm trying to be
snarky--like veiled criticisms--but they're not; i am really
interested to know:

1. Why does lilypond use marketing caps for its function names?  It
actually took me some time to figure the reason M-x lilypond-mode RET
didn't work was because it is spelled `LilyPond-mode'.  This seems
like such a departure from normal Emacsish ways that i thought i'd ask
if there is a reason.

2. Why is there a separate lilypond-init file of only 4 or 5 lines?
Why not just do this stuff in lilypond-mode.el?  Is this meant to be
like a side-wide configuration file for sysadmins or similar?

3. I notice that lilypond-mode.el says:

(defconst LilyPond-version "2.5.20"
  "`LilyPond-mode' version number.")

Does that mean it is not being maintained anymore?  If not, is there
somewhere specific i should direct questions about it?

--
þ    theron tlåx    þ
(compose-mail (concat "thorne@" (rot13 "gvzoeny") ".net"))