RE: definition for metrelessness (help?)

From: Monk Panteleimon
Subject: RE: definition for metrelessness (help?)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:54:50 -0400

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 10:02:17AM -0400, Geoff Horton wrote:
> A _slightly_ cleaner option might be to leave barAlways set and put a
> \noBreak in those spots where a break is unacceptable. If there aren't
> many, that might be cleaner. But still not very clean, unfortunately.

Hmmm... That does sound better, although still not quite there, since I
would have to put a lot of them in melismata.

How does LP know not to break the line between beamed notes?
It seems that you can allow the beam to break with \allowBeamBreak.
So would it be possible to *disallow the break it for situations other than beams
-- melismata and certain note sequences for example? Could we adapt
whatever-gets-overriden-by-allowBeamBreak to work on non-beam
scenarios?

--
Monk Panteleimon
Hermitage of the Holy Cross