"non adjacent" glissando: state of the art?

From: Andrea Valle
Subject: "non adjacent" glissando: state of the art?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:51:33 +0200

Hi to all,

I'm experimenting what seems to be a common problem. I have to use glissandos connecting non adjacent notes, e.g. g4~g16 a8. .
The common notation, and also the one suggested by Stone (p. 21), is to indicate the rhythm without noteheads. So, I'd like to have a straight line connect the g and the a and a headless note on the g16.
I've searched thru the list, and see some (recent) posts related exactly to this topic.
There was also a proposal for sponsoring.

As I have been out of the list for a year,  I'm not understanding the actual situation.
1. Is there a way to notate a glissando precisely in this way (avoiding the trick of using many glissandos connecting the composing notes)?

2. Is there (still) a sponsoring project for such a feature? In the case, I could participate. I saw something about 100 eu, if I understood clearly.
2b. What about sponsoring? Is it still active? It isn't clear to me from the usual page:
http://lilypond.org/web/sponsor/options

Thanks

Best

-a-