Re: curly-quotes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: curly-quotes
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:17:36 +0200

On my Linux machine, I found the left and right curly quotes at
ALT-GR v and ALT-GR b, respectively. You can always use
the character map program to search for different symbols
(on Windows, Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories ->
System Tools -> Character map).

  /Mats

David Bobroff wrote:
I was trying to get curly quotes in a title.  I went looking in the docs
for an example and found one.  I copy/pasted the quotes from the
displayed input in the docs and it worked fine.  But I'm still wondering
how it works.  I tried the TeX convention `` '' and got literally that
in the output.  I also tried \"title\" (within the necessary surrounding
quotes) and got straight quotes.  When I copy/pasted the working curly
quotes into jEdit I saw that they were displayed as curly quotes in the
input file.  How can I enter such quotes from the keyboard?  I usually
use Emacs in Linux but in this case I'm running jEdit on Windows.

-David

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems