aleatoric

From: Neuro
Subject: aleatoric
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:49:18 -0600

Dear list,

How do I write aleatoric music in Lilypond?

Actually, I am writing a woodwind quintet, intending to have two group for aleatoric: "Horn & bassoon" is one group playing thythmically together, while f"lute, clarinet, and oboe" is another group playing thythmically together;
yet each of these two groups plays rhythmically independently.

How do I achieve that in lilypond (2.10.20) - for printing the music out? -- that is, I am not worrring about the midi files for now.

Thank you very much

neuro