Re: Bar line at the left end of each stave

From: steve berthiaume
Subject: Re: Bar line at the left end of each stave
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:09:09 -0400

Just so this doesn't get lost in the discussion, I wanted to make sure that the space that is made available by removing the clef is used for notation, and that I don't end up with a bar line on the left, followed by a big space, then notation which is spaced as if there were a clef there.

That came out a little confused; hope it makes sense!

-steve

As soon as your score has more than a single stave, then you automatically
get a line at the left edge. However, if you only have  a single stave,
then it's
automatically turned off. I have tried a number of different tricks, but
this seems
to be a hard-coded behaviour in the program that i couldn't workaround.

Therefore I pass the question to the developers mailing list: