Re: Line breaks in any place

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Re: Line breaks in any place
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:51:50 +0100

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, it appears to mess up the
positions of the bar lines, that I am putting in manually.  I haven't
tried it without

\override Score.SpacingSpanner #'strict-note-spacing = ##t

which was missing in Mats' suggestion, so maybe that will help.

A couple of other questions.  I am using this to write music that is a
combination of chant and modern notation.  If I use

\include "gregorian-init.ly"

the spacing for the modern notation gets messed up.  However, I have
got round this by taking a copy of this init file and commenting out
the line

\override SpacingSpanner #'packed-spacing = ##t

How should this be turned on and off manually within the score?

Finally (for now), in the 'Bugs' section of section 7.7.10, it says:

"Accidentals must not be printed within a ligature, but instead need
to be collected and printed in front of it."

This bug causes the accidental to be printed on top of a note, so it
cannot be seen.  Is there a workaround for this?  Is this fixed in
2.11?

Thanks,

Joe