How to group musical expressions - Midi note duration precision

From: Jesús Guillermo Andrade
Subject: How to group musical expressions - Midi note duration precision
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:32:39 -0400

Hi. I have a composition made of one fragment per each measure. However,
 it becomes very complex to read when one has so many in the \score
section.
To avoid this, I'd like to group several small fragments into bigger
ones, thus like this:

fragA = <<
           \relative fa
        {la,,}

fragB = <<
           \relative fa
        {la,,}

Bigfrag = fragA + fragB

QUESTION: Is there any way to do this in lilypond? I don't want to
change the fragments, only to group them as I want.
Also, since I have listening to some midi files, I've found some
discrepancies in regard of the note durations in the lilypond mid output.
QUESTION: How precise is the midi output of lilypond in terms of note
duration?

Thanks a lot!

--
Jesús Guillermo Andrade (Att.)