Re: automatic rest grouping

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: automatic rest grouping
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:56:35 +0200

The easiest way to implement this feature is to make it as a music function,
which means that you would use it like
\mergeRests{c4 r r r | ... }
or
\mergeRests \myMusic

so then you can simply apply that function only to the sections where
you want the rests merged. I don't think that this feature should be
in LilyPond by default anyway, but the music function could be added
to the set of default music functions if you or anybody else takes the
time to implement it.

  /Mats