Re: producing "archival" scores

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: producing "archival" scores
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:58:17 +0200

2007/4/12, Stuart Pullinger <address@hidden>:

In conclusion: SVG provide an alternative to PDF which may be more
future-proof provided that you are prepared for patchy support in
current browsers.

...and provided that multi-pages SVG support is not yet really
available, which makes it rather unsuitable for musical purposes (as
you may know it, most of scores tend to make more than one page ;-)
...though it would indeed be a very good idea to design some special
music-oriented SVG-like vector graphics format.

(PS. Thank you so much Cameron for the link: I didn't knew about this
interview but it's been a pleasure to discover it; I perfectly agree
with Jan and Han-Wen about all of it, particularly their vision of
MusicXML weakness and superficiality.)

Regards,
Valentin Villenave.