Re: gap(s) in versions for convert-ly

From: Kieran Coulter
Subject: Re: gap(s) in versions for convert-ly
Date: 18 Apr 2007 14:59:50 -0700

Hello again,

I found the piece and version number in question, it's the 4th ballade by
Chopin, and convert-ly gets it up to version 2.5.18 before it can't get any
further. Am I right in assuming that the last line in the log file is the one
that prevents the file rendering? If so, the the line in question is

error: unknown translator: 'span_dynamic_performer'

Here is the entire log:

-compilation-*-
Changing working directory to `J:/Mutopia Piano Database/Chopin/Ballades'
Processing `J:/Mutopia Piano Database/Chopin/Ballades/ballade-4.ly'
Parsing...
error: Incorrect lilypond version: 2.5.18 (2.7.38, 2.10.20)
error: Consider updating the input with the convert-ly script
error: unknown translator: `Span_dynamic_performer'

I tried simply removing that log, but then I get a win32 exception that
triggers my Visual Studio debugger, so it doesn't seem to work. What can I use
to manually update the file so I can convert it all the way to 2.10.20? And
after I do the manual adjustment, would I then manually update the version
number to 2.5.19?

Thanks so much for the assistance.