lilypond-placement of lyrics

From: Davide Sali
Subject: lilypond-placement of lyrics
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 03:41:17 +0000 (UTC)

Absolute beginner with music notation, I often have to enter unmetered music in
Lilypond. My problem is that a long phrase (Bénis_le_Seigneur_ô_mon_âme, for
example) is often sung over the same note, breve or other in notation. Now,
Lilypond centers the text bloc under the note; so, I have text outside the page
marges, left or right.

I tried to add "ghost-notes" (I mean, to distribute the same phrase over more
than one note), and the situation improves. But it does not respect the original
score, that I have to copy, and the appearance of the final score is not
completely satisfactory (the distribution of music and lyrics is rather
irregular). Do you have other solutions? for example, in order every phrase to
start exactly under the corresponding note, and not to be centered? Or other.

Merci beaucoup à l'avance, pour votre aide, et surtout pour Lilypond...

Cordialement

Davide Sali