Re: Fingerings Below Bowings?

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Fingerings Below Bowings?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:32:55 +0200

Hello list, hello Matt,

You wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to tell lilypond to always
>  put fingerings below bowings in my music.  I found
> this in the manual:
>
> Commonly tweaked properties
> The vertical ordering of scripts is controlled
>  with the script-priority property. The lower
> this number, the closer it will be put to the note.
> Example:
> .
> \once\overrideTextScript#'script-priority =#-100
> a4^\prall^\markup{\sharp}
> \once\overrideScript#'script-priority =#-100
> a4^\prall^\markup{\sharp}
>
> I can't figure out how to apply this to bowings and
>  fingerings!  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

This doesn't work for slurs (bowings) together with fingerings.

Try:
\override Fingering #'avoid-slur = #'inside
or:
\once\override Fingering #'avoid-slur = #'inside

Best Regards           Roland

PS:     Please tell Your lilypond version in further questions, because
        for different versions there could be different solutions!