vertical spacing

From: David Bobroff
Subject: vertical spacing
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 06:39:48 +0000

I'm working on the final touches to a score.  It's fairly large.  There
are 28 staves.  There is one place where the score expands vertically
due to the "vertical density" of notes.  I've been experimenting with
different font sizes to be sure that the score does not stretch off the
bottom of the page at this point.  Now, having found that size I would
like to stretch the vertical spacing on the rest of the pages to match
this spacing.  Is that what the two-pass vertical spacing thing does?

Also, my target paper size is B4.  I can print it on A4 myself and blow
it up to B4 (I have access to B4 paper at work) or I can have it printed
on A3 at a digital print shop and reduce it to B4.  My impression is
that reducing will produce better, i.e. sharper, results than expanding.

-David