LYEDITOR on OS X

From: Jason Merrill
Subject: LYEDITOR on OS X
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 00:52:30 -0400

I'm interested in trying out TextMate as an editor for Lilypond.
Right now, support seems a little thin, but allegedly it's pretty easy
to extend.  Anyway, I can't figure out how to get point-and-click to
open files in textmate instead of lilypad.  In my .profile, I added:

export LYEDITOR=mate #-a -l %(line)s %(file)s

and it seems it's successfully set the value in my shell:

jm843$ echo $LYEDITOR
mate

However, PDF links still open lilypad.  My guess is that since
lilypond isn't invoked from the shell, it's not getting the value from
my .profile correctly, but I don't know what to do about it.  Any
suggestions?

Regards,

Jason Merrill