Re: lilypond-book and pdf output

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pdf output
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 04:00:53 -0700

Graeme McKinstry wrote:
Lilypond 2.11 running under Mac OS X 10.4.9 (Intel)

I just verified the template in the docs on OSX 10.4.9 with Lily 2.11.22. I can't remember any bugfixes in lilypond-book in the recent past, but just to check anyway, are you using a recent version of lilypond?

Running lilypond-book ok from command line but it doesn't seem to produce any sensible output.

Have you tried with the exact template in the docs? When you run lilypnod-book you should see something like this:

...normal LaTeX output...
columnsep=10.0pt
(./tmp8SGmeK.aux) )
No pages of output.
Transcript written on tmp8SGmeK.log.
Dissecting...
Writing snippets...
Processing...
Running lilypond...GNU LilyPond 2.11.22
Processing `/Users/gperciva/tmp/snippet-map.ly'
Parsing...
.. a few more lilypond commands...

As I am getting PDF output okay, an alternative is to create a PDF file with no margins, etc., i.e., just the right size to contain the music graphic. Are there any lilypond settings to do this so I can bypass the lilypond-book command which I need to run via the terminal?

There's a section about producing eps files at the end of the lilypond-book chapter, but I think it would be easier to find out what's happening with lilypond-book. It also requires you to add command-line options to lilypond, so you need the terminal anyway. :)

Cheers,
- Graham