Re: lilypond-book and pdf output

From: Graeme McKinstry
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pdf output
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:06:06 +0000 (UTC)

> Exactly what commands (including all the options) do you use?
>
>   /Mats
>
> Quoting Graeme McKinstry <graeme.mckinstry <at> xtra.co.nz>:
>
> > First some information
> >
> > Lilypond 2.11 running under Mac OS X 10.4.9 (Intel)
> >
> > Lilypond installed and running fine. Generating PDF output.
> >
> > Problem:
> >
> > Running lilypond-book ok from command line but it
> > doesn't seem to produce any sensible output. If I
> > create a new directory (--output) I get a new .tex file,
> > a snippet-map.ly, a tmpegputv.aux, and a .dep file.
> > But the new .tex file seems to be the same as the
> > original file plus an \include{graphics} command.
> > Running LaTeX or pdfLaTeX on this new .tex gives
> > me, not surprisingly, an undefined lilypond
> > environment error. I have reread the documentation
> > numerous times, googled on the web but can't seem
> > to get sensible output.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I should have included the code I was using:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

Some text:

\begin[quote,fragment,staffsize=26]{lilypond}
c' d' e' f' g'2 g'2
\end{lilypond}

\end{document}

(lilypond taken from the manual). Saved as lily_music.pdftex

>From the terminal window:

>lilypond-book --format=latex --pdf ~/lily_music.pdftex

(I have tried variations on this command, including directing output
to a directory, etc.)

Creates a new .tex file + other files mentioned below:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{graphics}
\begin{document}

Some text:

\begin[quote,fragment,staffsize=26]{lilypond}
c' d' e' f' g'2 g'2
\end{lilypond}

\end{document}

(which is the same as the original file + an \include{graphics} command)