Re: lilypond-book and pdf output

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pdf output
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:51:32 +0200

The .profile file is specific for bash. If you use tcsh, you should do the initialization in a file called .tcshrc or .cshrc (at least on Linux/UNIX, I don't know anything in specific about Mac OS). I hope you first have verified that it works to manually
do
setenv PATH "~/bin:$PATH"
in your working shell and then run lilypond-book. Once you know you have the correct setting, the next step is to include it into the initialization file so you don't
have to retype the command every time you start a new shell.

  /Mats

Graeme McKinstry wrote:
Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:

Have you read the section called "Notes for the MacOS X app" in the manual?

   /Mats

I have read the notes, but I am using
a different shell (tsch and not bash).

I have got the exec part to work, but I can't get the path name to be global. I think the manual is
for bash. I have tried editing the .profile and adding

setenv PATH "~/bin:$PATH"

but I am not an expert and so I do not know if this
is the right syntax for tcsh or if I should be editing
the .profile at all.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems