Re: Measure number collision

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Measure number collision
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:37:28 +1000

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 00:39, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > > Making metafont emit improved data on glyph outlines is quite
> > > easy.  The very question is *what* shall it emit...
> > >
> > > Can you elaborate on this?
> >
> > If it could emit a list of line segments that approximates the
> > boundary of the glyph, that would be _very_ useful.
>
> Please take an arbitrary (feta) glyph and give a detailed example.
> I'm especially interested in the resolution granularity you have in
> mind.  The data would be of course saved directly into the OpenType
> fonts (either using one of the existing lilypond tables or adding a
> new one).

Here is an example of a treble clef. I only need the outermost curves traced,
but it doesn't matter if some other curves are. I don't know exactly what the
resolution needs to be, but it should distinguish between, for example, the
stem and the bottom of a flat (also between the stems and the middle of a
natural).