Re: lilypond-book and pdf output

From: Bax
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pdf output
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:54:42 +0000 (UTC)

Graeme McKinstry <graeme.mckinstry <at> xtra.co.nz> writes:

> I have read the notes, but I am using
> a different shell (tsch and not bash).
>
> I have got the exec part to work, but I can't get
> the path name to be global. I think the manual is
> for bash. I have tried editing the .profile and adding
>
> setenv PATH "~/bin:$PATH"
>
> but I am not an expert and so I do not know if this
> is the right syntax for tcsh or if I should be editing
> the .profile at all.

IIRC, tcsh doesn't know about .profile. It uses .login instead. Also, the ~
(tilde for $HOME) does not expand within the quotes; you should replace it with
$HOME. So, add

 setenv PATH "$HOME/bin:$PATH"

to your $HOME/.login file and see what happens. You may check the effect with
the command

 echo $PATH

HTH