Re: Diminished symbols in Lyrics Line

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Diminished symbols in Lyrics Line
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:42:44 +0200

I don't know anything about the typesetting of harmonic analysis, but you can
insert any symbol or combination of symbols or whatever into a lyrics line
using text markup commands, \markup{...}. See the section on Text markup
in the manual.

   /Mats

beng wrote:
Hi all.

I have been trying to set an analysis of MacDowell's "To a Wild Rose" on
lilypond. After a whole heap of time getting to know lily better and
heaps of time scrounging through the manuals and the snippet repository,
I've pretty much got it together but for one final detail.

I have placed my harmonic analysis in a lyrics line below the bass
stave, which has worked quite well. All that remains is for me is to
insert diminished and half-diminished symbols within the lyrics line for
the vii (diminished chords). Can this be done? and how?

Also, if anyone out there has come up with a better way to structure a
simple on-score analysis, or would have a template for the job, please
let me know about it.

Kindly
Ben Simmonds

        Mats Bengtsson