Re: \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance in version 2.11.15

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance in version 2.11.15
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:14:08 +0200

The most likely reason to add this setting was that he got some collisions
due to the fixed spacing between the staves of the PianoStaff context, so
he had to manually increase the spacing. This is no longer necessary since
in version 2.11.recent, the spacing is automatically adapted to avoid colllisions,
also for PianoStaff contexts.

   /Mats

Bernard Hurley wrote:
Hi,

Just to clarify this, VerticalAlignment no longer has the property
forced-distance in v 2.11. The lilypond score I am processing was
written by a relative who unfortunately died last year and I am not sure
exactly what effect he was trying to achieve. Getting it to work at all
was a bit of a struggle as it didn't have a \version tag and I had to
use convert-ly several times before I got it to work.

Bernard