Re: changing time signatures

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: changing time signatures
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:28:26 +0200

Just define a separate identifier with the time signatures, that you then can include wherever you want in the parts and
the scores:

timesignatures = {
\time 3/4 \skip 2.*5 \time 3/8 \skip 4.*9

For the parts:

\score{
 \new Staff << \timesignatures \theactualmusic >>
}

For the full score:

\score{
 <<
   \new TimeSig \timesignatures

  /Mats

Quoting Bernard Hurley <address@hidden>:

Hi all,

I am about to start typesetting a score with lots of changing time
signatures. I want to do the following:

1) In the conductor's score I want the time signatures to appear on an
invisible staff in the manner of time-signature-staff.ly from "Tips and
Tricks".
2) When extracting individual parts I want them to appear normally.
3) To avoid clutter I don't want to have to add the time signatures to
every part. In fact I would prefer to have a sort of "dummy part" that
just has time signatures that then can be applied to the individual
parts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Regards,