Re: quarter-note rest : alternative shape?

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: quarter-note rest : alternative shape?
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:34:56 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden:
> Quarter-note rests are sometimes printed in a different shape: the
> mirror-image of the 8th note rest.  I've looked in the lilypond help, and
> searched these forums, but can't find a reference to it.
>
> Is it possible to use this shape of quarter-note rest?

\override Staff.Rest  #'style = #'classical

In lily 2.6.5 manual it says:

 7.7.3 Ancient rests

 Use the style property of grob Rest to select ancient rests.
 Supported styles are classical, neomensural, and mensural.
 classical differs from the default style only in that the quarter
 rest looks like a horizontally mirrored 8th rest. ...

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               address@hidden
Lilla Aspö 2340                                                Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting