coloring single notes within a chord

From: Kieran Coulter
Subject: coloring single notes within a chord
Date: 28 Apr 2007 07:15:38 -0700

Hello,

When attempting to color a single note within a chord, I get an error,

"I:/Mutopia Piano Database/Chopin/Ballades/manual conversion/ballade-4tryHTtaggedtest.ly:61:130: error: syntax error, unexpected \override, expecting > or DRUM_PITCH or MUSIC_FUNCTION or NOTENAME_PITCH"

whereas If I put the override outside the <> brackets, it will work but will color the entire chord, which I do not want. I am trying to have the ability to color any single note in a score as I choose.

Is there something I am overlooking, or is it not possible to color a single note within a chord?

Thanks!