Re: coloring single notes within a chord

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: coloring single notes within a chord
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:01:42 -0500

On 28 Apr 2007 07:15:38 -0700, Kieran Coulter <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

When attempting to color a single note within a chord, I get an error,

"I:/Mutopia Piano Database/Chopin/Ballades/manual
conversion/ballade-4tryHTtaggedtest.ly:61:130: error: syntax error,
unexpected \override, expecting > or DRUM_PITCH or MUSIC_FUNCTION or
NOTENAME_PITCH"

whereas If I put the override outside the <> brackets, it will work but will
color the entire chord, which I do not want. I am trying to have the ability
to color any single note in a score as I choose.

Is there something I am overlooking, or is it not possible to color a single
note within a chord?

Hi Kieran,

Have you checked the docs for the \tweak function?

\tweak helps override elements beginning at the same musical moment.
The best examples are different notes in a chord and also different
tuplets beginning at the same time.

--
Trevor Bača