Re: lilypond-book and pdf output

From: Graeme McKinstry
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pdf output
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:53:25 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <gpermus <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Graeme McKinstry wrote:
> > I have got the exec part to work, but I can't get
> > the path name to be global. I think the manual is
> > for bash.
>
> It is indeed; bash is standard in OSX 10.3 and 10.4.  Why change it?
>
> > setenv PATH "~/bin:$PATH"
> >
> > but I am not an expert and so I do not know if this
> > is the right syntax for tcsh or if I should be editing
> > the .profile at all.
>
> I've never used tsch, but if you look at the man page or google for tsch
> help pages, it should be fairly easy to find the solution.  (I recommend
> searching for "tsch path", without the quotes)
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

Firstly, thanks to everyone's help.

I changed my shell to bash using Netinfo and restarted.

I am now using bash and have tried as per manual.

Almost there.

Created lilypond file in ~/bin as per manual:

exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "$@"

When I try lilypond and lilypond-book I now get:

-bash: /Users/me/bin/lilypond: cannot execute binary file

Permissions, etc., are fine on the files I have created in ~/bin, i.e.,
user executable

Applications run fine when giving full pathname.

Creating other command, e.g., lilymidi and midi2ly in
~/bin work fine!