Re: lilypond in lyx

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond in lyx
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 13:12:31 +0200

It seems to me that this is a simple attempt to imitate what lilypond-book
already does. To me, the most straightforward solution would be to
use Insert -> TeX Code
to insert the \begin{lilypond}... \end{lilypond} or \lilypondfile{...}
use File -> Export -> LaTeX (pdflatex) to save it as a .tex file and
process the resulting file using the instructions for lilypond-book.

It should be to add some lines in the implementation of LyX that do
these steps automatically. The advantage of such an approach compared to the current LilyPond "support" in LyX is that lilypond-book is already supported
and kept up to date with the LilyPond versions.

  /Mats

René Brandenburger wrote:
Hi Damian,

I used it successfully under winXP.

Insert an external file (in German it's the menue
Einfügen->Datei->Externes Material...), select "lilypond" and give the
path to your file.
I had to add a \include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly" to my lilypond files
to get it working, and, make sure LyX finds your lilypond. To get inline
snippets, add a "ragged-right".

hope this helps

rene