Seperate Midi-Channel for each Voice?

From: Henrik Schröder
Subject: Seperate Midi-Channel for each Voice?
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:57:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

my problem is that in the midi, you don't hear notes that are already played by
another voice.

For example you don't hear the last c here:

\version "2.10.23"

\score {
\new Staff
{
<< {\relative f' {f4 e d c}} \\ {\relative c' {c1}}>>
}
\midi {}
\layout{}

At the moment I'm using this workaround for midi-output:

<< {\relative f' {f4 e d c}} \\ {\relative c' {c2. s1}}>>

Is there an easier way?

In the archive I found a similar problem that was solved by writing an
'translator'(?) so that every Voice was played with another midi-instrument but
I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation... Also I want all the
notes to be played with the same instrument.

Can anyone help?

Henrik