hiding empty staves

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: hiding empty staves
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 22:29:19 +0200

Ahoi!

In LP 2.6 I could hide empty staves (also in the first system) with
\layout { \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext } }

Can't remember if I also needed
\set Score . skipBars = ##t

In LP 2.10 an empty stave in the first system is only hidden with
\override Score . VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

But that can't go into the \layout block.
It would be rather important to be able to set that as a general preference (i.e. in the \paper or \layout block) for our ConTeXt module (similar to lily-book with LaTeX).
If it's possible, please tell me how!

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle