Re: lyric vertical spacing

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: lyric vertical spacing
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 07:08:18 -0400

Hi, David:

I went there per your suggestion and tried tweaking the minimum-y- extent
but I was unable to make it any better.  I eventually tried
#'extra-offset on the lyrics.  This solved half of the problem.  I was
able to move them close enough to the staff for my purposes but, of
course, it did *not* change the spacing of the systems above and below
the lyrics.

Worst case, you can move each and every staff manually.

Define

staffAdjust =
        #(define-music-function (parser location adj) (pair?)
                #{
                        \overrideProperty #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
                                #'line-break-system-details $adj
                #})

and then, in your music, use

\staffAdjust #'((alignment-offsets . (0 -8.5 -15 -25.5 -30.5 -37 -45.5 -52 -64)))

This is just an example from my own choral composition -- the nine "staves" to which the numbers correspond are
    soprano
    soprano lyrics
    alto
    alto lyrics
    tenor
    tenor lyrics
    bass
    bass lyrics
    piano reduction (two staves together in a PianoStaff)

Hope this helps!
Kieren.