Re: error messages while using include "italiano.ly"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: error messages while using include "italiano.ly"
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:34:35 +0200

Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

Ledocq-Boccart wrote:
using version 2.10 on winXP

on OpenOffice.org with macro Ctrl+M from OOoLilyPond

I try to write music sheet using french syntax  (as do re mi fa ...)

I wrote therefore this simple file:

\include "italiano.ly" {
do re mi fa
}

You need a "\relative c'{" above your "do re" line. LilyPond is not a program that you can learn by randomly experimenting; please read the tutorial. It has been translated into French, if that helps.

No, this example is perfectly valid syntax if you use it in a stand-alone
LilyPond file. I guess the problem here is that OOoLilyPond adds some
code around the code inserted by the user, similarly to what lilypond-book
does if you use the "fragment" option. However, I know no details about
OOoLilyPond.

  /Mats