Re: Please help Lilypond 2.10.23.-MacPython OS X- 2.3.3-1

From: Bob Morabito
Subject: Re: Please help Lilypond 2.10.23.-MacPython OS X- 2.3.3-1
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:39:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Mats--

Thanks for replying--:)

When I fist opened Lily Pond, it told me I needed that MacPython, 2.3 and had a
button to click to take me there-
thats the only way I knew I needed it..

>From what I can gather OS 10.3 has Python in the System (I'm using 10.2.7,
>which
doesnt):

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/download.html

"As an almost complete MacPython 2.3 installation is already included in Panther
by Apple the only thing you need is the MacPython 2.3 for Panther addons
installer, which contains the IDE, the Package Manager and the waste module on
which they depend. This is the second build of the additions, in comparison with
the first build this version allows you to install the full Python documentation
and it fixes an IDE startup bug.

As of this writing it is not advisable to install MacPython-OSX 2.3.3 on 10.3
because it can cause confusion with the pre-installed Python 2.3. See the
MacPython on OSX page for details."

Also see:
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/macpython-osx.html

Am I mistaken?