midi2ly bad argument to internal function

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: midi2ly bad argument to internal function
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:45:17 +0100

I'm trying to convert a rather substantial midi file (Jelly
Roll Morton's Honey Babe) to ly using the midi2ly.py utility
in release 2.10.20.  I get a terminal error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line
996, in ?
    main()
  File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line
994, in main
    convert_midi (f, o)
  File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line
834, in convert_midi

    for (dur, num, den) in global_options.allowed_tuplets:
SystemError:
/home/lilydev/vc/gub/target/mingw/src/python-2.4.2/Objects/l
istobject.c:243: bad argument to internal function

The midi file plays without error, but I haven't looked
inside it as I'm not sufficiently familiar with the midi
formats to recognise anything that might be wrong.  Is there
anything I should look for or anything I can do to bypass
this error?

Trevor