displaying complex chords

From: Matthew Kaner
Subject: displaying complex chords
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 13:39:23 +0100

Hi there everyone,
I'm wondering if its possible to get lilypond to correctly show chords
that have adjacent pitches in, with the same note name but a semitone
apart, (like c natural and c sharp).
Traditionally this is done with an extra stem (see attached image).
But all I seem to be able to get in Lilypond (2.11) is the same note, just shown on both sides of the stem - such as in the following example

relative {
<c cis>4
}

Any ideas on how to do this so it looks right? I can't find anything about it anywhere, I'm really surprised. I'd be very very shocked and dissapointed if there wasn't a way, this has been standard notation since about 1900 - the example I have given is from a Shostokovich prelude, and would be a serious oversight on the part of the programmers.

Thanks
Matt