How to center arbitrary text on page?

From: Chad Etzel
Subject: How to center arbitrary text on page?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:51:46 -0400

Hi All,

I am trying to write a centered, arbitrary line of text in between two \score elements.  I know I can write whatever I want with a \markup element, but I cannot for the life of me get it to be centered across the page.  \center-align doesn't seem to do what I want, it just centers the text around the left edge of the page.  Any help/guidance would be really appreciated.

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I just started with Lilypond and I can't figure out how to do it... I've read through the entire manual trying to find the answer...

Thanks,
-Chad