writing identifiers

From: madhg
Subject: writing identifiers
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 04:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to have an identifier to represent "\once \override Slur
#'transparent = ##t \appoggiatura"
(nearly the same as \grace, but with better spacing when the gracenote is a
quarter-note).

I tried to model it on:

     padText =
     #(define-music-function (parser location padding) (number?)
       #{
         \once \override TextScript #'padding = #$padding
       #})

from the "Learning Manual" section of the documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Saving-typing-with-identifiers-and-functions

But after rereading this section of the doc, I still don't know what should
go after "parser location" or replace "(number?)".  Is that information
somewhere accessible (bearing in mind that the Learning Manual is intended
for non-experts)?  I feel rather at sea here.

David