Re: How to have fingerings in bold?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to have fingerings in bold?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:41:10 +0200

It's much easier to answer these questions if you include a (small but complete)
example that illustrates what you have done so far.

  /Mats

Griff Miller wrote:

I now have run across two more problems:

1) How do I prevent Lilypond from placing the fingering higher than others for
the tonic? I've searched the web for "fingering" together with "tonic" and
can't find the answer.

2) Perhaps I am asking LP to do too much, but how do I get horizontal brackets
to float above my fingerings (I force all fingerings to go above the note with
"^" and I have an override in place that makes the the horizontal brackets go
above the staff).

I realize that it would be better to use "-" for fingerings and let LP decide
where to put them, but I am trying to match a requirement that they all be
above (this is an instructional project).

I guess I could override each bracket's vertical position on a case-by-case
basis, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.