Re: Entering "senio"(?) sign in score.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Entering "senio"(?) sign in score.
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 21:50:02 +0200

See the sections on "Rehearsal marks" and "Text marks"
in the manual.

  /Mats

Victor wrote:

Hello.
I'm using lilypond 2.10.25.
I need to enter two signs(symbols) into my score, both of them are related to dealing with repeats and are standard (i.e. not rare). Unfortunately I don't know how those signs named in are english(which is not my native language) and I wasn't unable to find a translation\name for them so far :-\, so I can't find information in lilypond manual (which is in english) myself. Can someone help me with this? I've found several links with articles (unfortunately, without english names I could use), and graphical pictures of those signs.
Here are links to the signs:
1) the first (called something like "senyo"):
http://nephelemusic.ru/dictionary/images/senio.jpg (814 bytes jpeg) 2) the second:
http://nephelemusic.ru/dictionary/images/fonar.jpg (801 bytes jpeg),
which is called something like "lantern" or "lamp" in my language.

After playing the repeat, musician is often supposed to play from the first sign to second, then jump to the "coda" section.

Thanks.

With best regards, Victor.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing