How to make some staff lines thicker than others?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: How to make some staff lines thicker than others?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:42:38 -0400

I'm discussing a project with a friend.  He would like to make some
pedagogical material on reading different clefs.  His idea is that if
he had a Grand Staff with 11 lines (the four for the bass and treble
clefs, plus the one for Middle C in between them), and if he could
make any set of 5 of them darker, then he could show how the same
notes print in treble clef, bass clef, and various C, G, and F clefs.

I have found in the documentation how to modify the number of lines on
the staff, and the thickness of ledger lines.  There is obviously a
way to make all the staff lines a different color, e.g., red.  But is
there a way to make some staff lines a different color (or thickness,
or shade of grey) from others?

Or should one fiddle with having several staves only one staff space
away from each other?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139